Has it really been almost two weeks since I’ve updated on my projects? This month has been going by pretty quickly!
Since the last time I posted, I’ve been working away on Seneca and I’m even further then this picture from last week shows. I’ve finished the second sleeve, joined both sleeves to the body, and have just started the first chart on the yoke.
Yes, the sleeve is a bit lighter in color then the body is, but it’s not too noticeable when you see the whole sweater together. After taking the above picture and realizing how it looked lighter then the body, I had a brief moment of panic and wanted to frog the whole thing, start over and alternate skeins. Thankfully that was only for a brief moment. After giving it more consideration, I decided I could live with it. Seeing the whole thing together now, I’m glad I made that choice. The color difference is just one of those things you run into with hand dyed yarns like the MadelineTosh DK I’m using. It’s such a pretty yarn, though, and one I would definitely use again.
I have knit maybe 2 rows on the Textured Shawl since I mentioned it last, but here’s an updated picture of my progress. I’m about halfway through the first skein of yarn.
After I had the minor freak out about the sweater color issue, I had to put it aside and think about what to do. Nothing currently on the needles was calling to me to work on while Seneca sat in the corner. I was feeling rather “meh” about everything I had in progress, but had a strong urge to cast on something new, so last weekend I started Wurm (Ravelry link). I’d been wanting to knit this for a while and I also wanted to use up the rest of this Brooks Farm Solo Silk I had in the stash. I cast on and within a day and a half I had a lot of progress. I haven’t worked on it much since I cast on for it on Feb. 11th, but it sits on my desk at home and I’ve been working a row or two here and there.
I’ve been working primarily on Seneca after deciding to keep going with it. Didn’t take long to finish the second sleeve, but now that I’m on the yoke, it’s a little slow going with all those stitches on the needle. It’s also not that portable anymore considering it’s size, so I’ve been alternating between Seneca and Matt’s Camo Socks. The socks are coming along. I finally finished the gusset and heel turn of the second sock, picked up the stitches along the gusset and have started the decreases. Getting to that point made me excited to get them done. Since I have a 3 day weekend coming up, I think I’ll focus on those so I have an FO to share soon! 🙂
Happy knitting all!