December has arrived and so has the cold weather! Not so bad of a thing when you’re a knitter, though. Been getting out the scarves and mittens to keep me warm this week. Since my last post, I’ve finished two things.
First thing I finished was the Mystery KAL hat from Woolly Wormhead. Didn’t take long since I was so close to being done. I made this my Thanksgiving Day knitting since it took less concentration then the baby sweater I was working on.
Pattern: Limpetiole aka Woolly Wormhead Mystery KAL Hat B (My Ravelry project page.)
Started: November 1, 2010
Completed: November 25, 2010
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in color 81, one skein
Needles: US 6 bamboo circular and DPNs
Notes: No mods, followed pattern as written. Well written pattern that makes a lovely hat.
Here’s the thing about hats/berets and me: I don’t really wear them. I don’t know why I keep insisting on knitting yet another hat I end up feeling like I look stupid in. Might be time to either quit it or knit them with an intended recipient in mind. For now I’ll stash this in the “maybe I’ll give this away” pile (which isn’t really as big as my saying this might make it out to be).
The second FO I have to share is something I’m very happy to have done. I swear this felt like it took a lot longer then it did! At least it is done, I’m happy with how it turned out, it will be given to the person who requested I knit it early next week since it is currently drying, and I can get back to the other projects that I put on hold so I could work on this.
Pattern: Trellis (My Ravelry project page.)
Started: November 22, 2010
Completed: December 6, 2010
Yarn: Plymouth Dreambaby DK in brown, 2.5 skiens
Needles: US 6 bamboo straight needles
Notes: I found this pattern to be a bit fiddly and complicated for a baby sweater. Definitely not for someone who doesn’t like seaming. This sweater felt like it too a lot longer then 2 weeks to knit… I swear it felt like it took a month. I’m sure it didn’t help that I was kind of over the excitement of a new project (I’d never knit a baby sweater prior to this) shortly after starting! Mostly knit as written. I did change how the collar was worked. I worked it as a knit on boarder rather then having to knit it and sew it down. For right side collar: on right side row, work in seed stitch to 1 stitch from end, slip last stitch, pick up one stitch from edge, work as ssk. Work wrong side row in pattern. Repeat until the border is at the middle back of the neck. For left side collar: on wrong side row, work in seed stitch to 1 stitch from end, slip last stitch, pick up one stitch from edge, work as ssk. Work right side row in pattern. Repeat until the border is at the middle back of the neck.
As soon as I had the last button sewn on Trellis, I started a new stripy sock. I received this not too long ago and couldn’t wait to start a sock with it. The yarn is Perfect Day Yarns self-striping in the “Shew Woos Me” colorway. The picture below doesn’t do it justice, since I took it with my iPhone, but it’s really beautiful and I’m really enjoying knitting with this yarn. My stash definitely needs more of Sarah’s yarns! 😀
I’m still working on my Opposites Attract Mystery Socks. Close to being done with both! Finished up clue 3 and now working on the last clue. Currently trying to figure out what to work on finishing up after those are done, but right now just enjoying knitting on the OA and Stripey socks.
Now it’s off to the gym with Matt to get our butts kicked by our personal trainer. It’s been about a month since our last appointment, so I have a feeling I’m going to be sore tomorrow! In a good way, of course. 😉