I really enjoyed blogging the topics last week for Knit and Crochet Blog Week, but I did miss the last two. It was a busy weekend for us (which seems to be the case a lot lately!) and it completely slipped my mind. When I remembered late on Sunday, I had every intention to do both of them on Monday, but as you can see, that didn’t work out since this week has turned out to be pretty busy, too! I’ve been meaning to do a project and FO update since just before the Spring Fling, so today I have two FO’s to share.
First up is the Camber Cardigan. It was finished early April, but it took me a week and a half to decide on the length and sew on the buttons. I added the finishing touches the week before the Spring Fling and with getting ready for that keeping me busy, I didn’t have time to take FO shots until after I got back from the Fling. I have serious love for this sweater. I’d say it’s definitely my favorite of all the sweaters I’ve knit!
Pattern: Camber Cardigan (My Ravelry project page.)
Started: March 6, 2010
Completed: April 10, 2010
Yarn: Knit Picks Palette, Huckleberry Heather, 6 skeins
Needles: US 4, bamboo circular and DPNs
Notes: I did this as a test knit for Jesh. I think that my gauge changed while knitting or something, because my swatch had less rows per inch then the finished sweater. At first I wasn’t in love with the length of the sweater, but after a week of thinking on it, I decided it was actually a pretty good length. I wore this while at the Spring Fling and got SO many compliments and people asking about it. I have even worn it at work and people didn’t believe I made it! 🙂 This sweater made me get over the fear of knitting a whole sweater with fingering weight yarn and I love the lightweight feel of it. I definitely see more fingering weight sweaters in my future! Overall, I’m really pleased with how this sweater turned out and I think it will get a lot of wear.
The other FO I have to share is a pair of socks I started what feels like forever ago! I put these aside a number of times to work on other things, which is why they took so long, but I think they may be my favorite pair of Vesper socks yet. Why? The heel. I think I like this heel a lot better then the short-row heel. It does take longer, but overall I think it fits my foot better and it’s still knit toe-up. It did take a bit of working to get the stripes to line up, though. I’ve figured out how to change it for the next pair to avoid what I did on these. It’s kind of hard to describe, but I basically had to move a row up after I finished the heel to keep the same striping pattern. It’s not noticeable on the sock, though I don’t want to have to do that for every pair.
Pattern: Toe-up Socks (My Ravelry project page.)
Started: December 30, 2009
Completed: April 23, 2010
Yarn: Vesper, Summer Breeze (4 stripe sock club colorway)
Needles: US 1 (2.25mm) and US 0 Knit Picks DPNs
Notes: My basic toe-up 64 stitch sock with a slip stitch heel and using smaller needles for the cuff.
Next time I’ll show you what I’ve been working on recently! I have a number of WIPs that I haven’t even blogged about yet. 🙂