I feel like I haven’t been working on much lately, though I’m sure that’s not entirely true. I think it’s more that I’ve just been focused a small number of projects. I did finish the first Skew sock and the first plain vanilla sock (in Vesper’s “Summer Breeze” club yarn). No pictures of either, yet. Both were put aside when I started the Glorious Cabled Mitts and now I’m working on another test knit – Camber Cardigan. Well, I was actually working on both for a while, but now that the mitts are done, I’m focusing on the Camber Cardigan.
The Camber Cardigan was designed by Jesh and I was lucky enough to be a test knitter for this sweater thanks to Twitter! 🙂 Here’s a link to a photo (for non-Ravelry folks) and the pattern is already up for pre-order on Ravelry here. I’m up to the waist decreases and now that I’ve split off the sleeves, it seems to be going quite a bit faster! I suppose taking those sleeve stitches out of the row helps with that as it does with every top down sweater. 😉
I still haven’t decided on buttons, though I’m not really a “decide on buttons before knitting” kind of person. I do have an idea in mind of what I’d like the buttons to be, but that depends on what I can find! I’ve been looking. I just haven’t found the right buttons for it yet. So far I’m totally loving this pattern and cardigan. The light weight will make it perfect for spring and even when the seasons change from summer into fall. I think it’ll also be great for my office when it gets cold once they crank up the AC come summer. I wouldn’t be surprised if I knit up a few more of these to match my entire wardrobe! I’m using Knit Picks Palette in Huckleberry Heather, which makes this a super affordable knit, and I really like how it’s knitting up for a sweater (this is my first time using Palette for a sweater). The recommended yarn is also quite affordable. I love seeing patterns that have recommended yarn doesn’t scare me off of by the price! I know I can always substitute, but I think it’s nice to not always have to.
I finally have some finished spinning to show! I finished spinning the fiber for the SAL/KAL going on in the Zarzuela’s Fiber Junkies group. I ended up with about 627 yards of fingering weight yarn. I decided not to ply because I really liked how the singles turned out and it left me with more yardage to work with for a shawl.
Zarzuela’s Fibers Luxury Sock Batt all spun up!
I decided on the Brandywine Shawl (Ravelry link). I think the yarn will work nicely with the pattern and the construction will allow me to use up as much of this as I possibly can. Great combination, I think!
A while back I mentioned finishing Matt’s socks, but I never got around to posting a picture of them finished. I think my cell phone picture will have to do. At the rate I’m going, I’ll forget about posting the finished details and he’ll have worn holes in them! If I ever do get around to doing a photo shoot with him, I’ll be sure to post pictures, though.
Pattern: My own toe-up ribbed sock (My Ravelry project page.)
Started: January 20, 2010
Completed: February 27, 2010
Yarn: Wollmeise 80/20 Twin in Lowenzahn
Needles: US 1 (2.25mm), Knit Picks Nickel DPNs
Notes: These started out as the Mock Cable socks, but all those little cables were taking me a really long time and I thought the yarn was pooling a little too much for the pattern, so I decided to make these ribbed instead. He has worn them a TON since I finished them, so it’s fair to say they’ve been a success and he’ll likely get another pair sometime.
Off to get some errands done and dinner taken care of before knit night tonight!