First I’ll show you Leyburn, my recent finished project!
Pattern: Leyburn (My Ravelry project page.)
Started: April 24, 2009
Completed: May 6, 2009
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Mediumweight in the “Dixie Girl” colorway
Needles: US 2 Brittany birch DPN’s
Notes: I changed where the increases for the leg were because I wasn’t paying attention and didn’t realize I was supposed to increase the top of the foot before I turned the heel, so I did all the leg increases after the heel. By the time I got to the second sock, I admit I was tired of the pattern. I like how they look, but the leg is a bit on the big side and a little loose.
Now for what you’re really here for (you can’t fool me! haha) – what I brought home with me from MDS&W!
Starting on the top row, left to right: 1. Socks That Rock Heavyweight in Fire on the Mountain, 2. STR Silky mill end, 3. STR mill end (reddish orange), 4. STR mill end (light blue), 5. STR mill end (shades of yellow), 6. Zauberball, 7 & 8. Creatively Dyed merino/seacell fiber (two pictures), 9. Gnomegarden Fiber merino/bfl/angelina, 10. Gale’s Art in Crayon Box merino, 11. Bonkers in Deep Sea superwash merino, 12. Cherry Tree Hill mill end, 13. Cherry Tree Hill Lime, 14. Tilli Tomas Plie in Midnight Borealis, 15. Brooks Farms Mas Acero
Mostly sock yarn! I wasn’t really looking for anything specific for yarn. I did want to get enough yarn to make a sweater and I think that the Brooks Farms yarn will end up being the February Lady Sweater. I knit a lot of socks, so sock yarn makes sense to buy, especially with the two sock KAL’s I’m in on Ravelry AND the Summer of Socks coming up! As for the fiber I bought, I just tried to get some things I haven’t used yet. I think I managed to do that. Merino/seacell, merino/bfl/angelina batt (first batt!), superwash merino and merino (I’ve used merino before, but those colors!! I had to have it).
I did end up changing the color of the fish on the Swedish Fish Socks I was working on. I went with the Fuchsia and I really like how it looks now!
I also started the Kai-Mei socks for the Cookie A. KAL on Ravelry. It’s a little further along then this photo shows, but it’s k3, p3 ribbing for the first 5 inches, so just imagine it a little taller.
Since I knit a lot of socks, you won’t be too surprised that I cast on another pair, but I won’t be showing a photo of them until they’re gifted (sorry!). If you’re on Ravelry, though, you can see them on my project page.
Going back to work next week, so I’m sure my knitting time will go down a bit, but it will be nice to get back to work after being out for so long. Should be interesting, to say the least!
Next time I’ll show you some recent mail I received :o)