After some contemplation, I’ve decided to not continue to upload my garden photos to my TypePad album. I already upload them to Flickr and the quality doesn’t seem as good when I upload them to my TypePad album. That said, I’ve uploaded a bunch of pictures to Flickr of the garden today.
My favorite of the bunch are these ones:
I wanted to get photos of the garden yesterday, but the sun didn’t want to cooperate with me. I managed a good set of photos today, though. I can hardly believe how fast everything is growing! I have THREE cucumbers growing now, along with three tomatoes that have been growing for about two weeks now. There’s a lot more flowers sprouting up on the cucumbers, tomatoes, and peppers. The Hungarian hot peppers have a third pepper growing now. The bell peppers still haven’t flowered, but when I grew bell peppers before, they were the last to fruit, so I’m not too worried. Over all, everything is doing pretty well. I think the bugs are pretty much gone. I still see a few here and there, but nothing that I’m overly worried with anymore.
As for knitting, I’ve been working on that SoS ’08 pattern that I talked about in my last post. I turned the heel, completed the heel flap, and started on the leg. I tried it on and I’m just not happy with it. The pattern makes the sock twist, which is all well and good because I figured it would even out once I had the heel done. Yeah, not so much. Still twisty. It’s also a little tight on my foot and hard to keep straight, so I think I’m going to be frogging it. I’m wasn’t really sure about the pattern with the yarn that I was using anyhow. It’s for the best in the end. Still stinks that I’m nearly done with the sock and I am frogging it. Ah, well. It’s better to have socks that I’m going to wear. I do love the yarn and really enjoy working with it, so I’m sure I’ll find a pattern that works better with it.
I’ve started a new sock, since it is Summer of Socks now. I tried to do Mokey’s toe-up, magic loop style, but the 2.5 mm needle wasn’t working with the yarn. The sock was coming out too big for me, so I frogged the toe I’d done and started it top-down on 2.25 mm DPN’s. I’m doing picot edging, which is a first for me! I like the fabric the 2.25 mm needles are making much better than what I was getting with the 2.5 mm needles.
I’m off to go visit with family for a while. Hopefully I can get some knitting time in there somewhere!