Since I can’t show the shawl just yet, I’ll talk about my other WIPs.
I checked out some options for the Table Cloth Project and decided that Aunt Lydia’s would be both economical and a good choice for it because it comes in these huge things with 2700 some yards which means less ends to weave in. I chose some to "test knit" with. I chose the project above and so far I really like how it’s turning out. Here’s something, though… it’s knit on US 1’s. Eeps! I know, I know… a whole table cloth on 1’s? Crazy you say? Yes, you could say that. Here’s the thing, though. I know it will be loved well and it is going to someone who can totally appreciate such a unique handmade item. My work will not be in vain. Besides, this will prepare me for taking on the Wedding Ring Shawl. If I can do this, I can totally do that.
I’m also working on socks. They feel like they’re moving along quickly, but I know that it’s because the last pair of socks I knit were rather tall. Here’s my progress so far:
I’ve been working on Starlight as well. I didn’t take photos, but I’ve done about 5 inches above the ribbing section now. It’s moving right along!
Aside from the knitting, we’re getting ready for Nick’s son to be back and for a brief visit from his parents. They’ll be here on Thursday. Wish me luck!! Knitting will be keeping me sane, so expect to see some progress!