I first saw this pattern on Elliphantom’s blog and couldn’t wait to knit up an army. Nick’s dad likes wine and had plenty of unused corks laying around for me to make into little gnomes. I finished all 16 in about a day.
Yarn: various acrylic worsted weight yarns
Needles: US 3 DPN’s
Notes: This pattern is quick and easy way to use up bits of yarn. Plus they are cute and everyone will get one from me for Christmas this year. In total I made 16 of these little guys.
In other knitting news, I pinned out my Shetland Triangle today:
It looks so much better all pinned out! I can hardly wait until it’s dry :o)
Yesterday I frogged the Monkey socks I was working on. They were too big after I got the heel flap and gussets done that there was no way they’d ever fit me. I first did these on US 1’s then went up to US 2’s because they were too tight on US 1’s. That didn’t turn out so well, though. I’m thinking that I may just use the yarn for a different pattern. Ah well… win some and lose some! This did give me the motive to start working on a Shedir hat for my sister (seen in previous post from today).
I have one Sock-ret Pal sock done and haven’t started the second. Right now I have only 2 projects on the needles: Shedir and Big Bad Baby Blanket. I think I’ll wait until Shedir is done before starting on sock #2. I think I’m going to end up giving the Big Bad Baby Blanket to my family’s dog, Duke. Because he’s cute and needs a blanket. Especially a machine washable one!