My Pomatomus socks are done! Actually, they were done Wednesday, but I was in NY and didn’t want to appear too strange to my soon-to-be in-laws by whipping out my camera and my laptop to blog it all after completing the second sock. I’m sure it was enough that I immediately put them on my feet despite the fact that it had to be 85 degrees F inside and pranced around the house. At least The Man is used to it!
I used some yarn that I got off of eBay from kbrece (hand dyed 100% merino wool) and I have to say that I loved working with this yarn. I loved it more than the Lorna’s Laces I used for my Jaywalkers. I am so happy that I have two more skeins to use and when those are gone, I will most likely buy more. Eventually, though, I would like to find some good sock yarn with 50% wool content at most. Anyhow… good yarn and a great color. I used US 1 needles for the cuff and US 2 for the rest. If I had actually worked on these, I would have had them done in less than two weeks, but I put them aside for the better part of a month and a half. This past week I took apart sock number 1 to lengthen it just a bit when I was almost done with the 3rd repeat of chart A for the top part of the second sock. If I hadn’t done that, I probably would have been done sooner, but I’m happier with the end result, so it’s worth it.
I finally got a photo of these outside and the color is quite accurate:
And here they are on my feet:
To prove that I have still been knitting other things, here’s some progress on Roge:
In two more rows I will be joining the top of the pocket to the body. I must admit that after I did all that work, I was fearful it wouldn’t fit me. I took it off the needles and tried it on. IT FITS! Yay! Progression continues. I must admit, though… I’m finding this an easy knit right now. Maybe it’ll be more difficult when I get to the hood.
Icarus looks pretty much the same since the last time I showed it. I knit a few rows only to find that somehow I really messed it up and had extra stitches where they shouldn’t be so I had to rip back without a lifeline. It worked out, though, so no worries. I’m in the second repeat of the first chart. I don’t really look at the chart much anymore – I just check it every now and then to know how much I’ve done.
It’s time to cast on for another pair of socks. I think I’m going to do Baudelaire with the purple yarn I have in my stash. Should prove to be an interesting challenge :o)